PHP Developer / Service Desk Technician
The Education and Skills Partnership Limited based in Ashford, Kent are looking for a PHP Developer / Service Desk Technician to join our friendly team based in our Head Office on a full-time basis.
The PHP Developer / Service Desk Technician is a dual-purpose role. This role is to provide technical expertise to end users as well as a create, develop and deploy applications to be used by internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role involves working closely with and reporting to the Head of IT to ensure all the activities of the ESP organisation are compliant with the relevant legal and regulatory frameworks as well as working with the Senior Developer to develop cutting edge designs and systems.
This includes, but is not limited to:
· IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems namely Microsoft Azure AD and Office 365.
· Support of disaster recovery solutions.
· Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
· Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services.
· Discussing project aims with the client and senior development team
· Designing and building web applications using Laravel.
· Troubleshooting issues in the implementation and debug builds.
· Testing functionality for users and the backend.
· Ensuring that integrations run smoothly.
· Scaling projects based on client feedback.
· Recording and reporting on work done in Laravel.
· Maintaining web-based applications.
· Gaining Feedback on the systems and reporting on this to the senior developer.
· Knowledge of Git and version control
Must have the following technical skills/experience:
* Experience of working with Microsoft Office 365
* Experience of Windows 10/11 & Mac OS
* Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Powershell, Terminal etc.
* Familiarity with basic networking protocols - TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN
* Experience working with PHP, performing unit and feature tests
* A solid understanding of application design using the Laravel Framework.
* Excellent English & speaking communications skills both technical and non-technical
Qualities and Competences:
Eager to Learn
Copes under pressure
Commitment to career
* Full UK Driving License as the role will include driving to key locations across the UK to support ESP Clients and Offices.
* Good standard of education with relevant qualifications/certificates
* Minimum of 2 Years' Experience in IT
· Knowledge of Tailwind CSS
· Project Management Skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
* Cycle to work scheme
* Free parking
* Life insurance
* On-site parking
* Wellness programme
* Monday to Friday
ESP adhere to UK Government guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Ashford, TN23 6LW: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
* Certificate of Higher Education (required)
* IT service management: 2 years (required)
* Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
* 25% (required)
Reference ID: NS/SQ/0922
Views: 19 / Location: Kent / Closes: 21-10-2022
Similar Laravel job
View more Laravel jobs in Kent