Laravel PHP Developer
We provide software for education and to a wide variety of businesses across the country. We are a private social learning network that is playing a role in reshaping the approach to online education. Our software expands Communication and Engagement to the whole educational community, bringing families closer to the school experience and learning processes, as well as improving the skills and communication capabilities of all educational staff.
We envisage reaching a large footprint in the next 3 years, becoming one of the top communication platforms in education worldwide.
We leverage the latest technologies and deliver great results. We have an informal, no-nonsense culture that is growing fast and has big ambitions.
We are looking for a PHP Developer with both backend and frontend experience to join our development team in Loughborough. You will engage with a dynamic team to maintain the existing codebase, as well as helping develop a highly scalable new global platform leveraging the latest technologies. You will be proficient in delivering high-quality PHP code making use of test-driven methodologies and modern frameworks. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to identify issues and provide innovative and efficient solutions to streamline overall development efforts.
What we're looking for
- Relevant experience in building scalable and secure platforms;
- Experience in development using PHP with OOP;
- At least 2-3 years of development experience using one or several of the following frameworks:
Phalcon, Zend Framework (v1 or v2), Symfony 2 or Laravel, TDD (PhpUnit);
* HTML5, CSS3, Jquery and Twitter Bootstrap 4;
* RDBMS like PostgreSQL and MySQL;
* REDIS or Memcache;
* SASS, Linux/Unix environments and Amazon EC2
* Agile methodologies
* Web services (RESTful / SOAP), JSON, XML
We would like to see:
* Experience, communicating project status, defining, documenting, and maintaining processes and procedures
* Ability to develop unconventional solutions for customer requirements in a collaborative environment as part of a dynamic team and independently with customers at all levels
* You to be highly analytical, creative, and innovative in solving problems
* Ability prepare and present briefings and training
We have an entrepreneurial environment where their ideas matter, where they're rewarded with competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, Employee Pension Scheme, company hangouts, lunch-and-learn sessions, skills development, and plenty of recognition for their great work. Other benefits include onsite parking and you will also have your own Herman Miller chair. We also encourage conference trips and opportunities for personal learning and development.
On top of everything, we offer fun, happy and politics-free work culture built on the principles of lean and self-organisation.
Views: 123 / Location: Leicestershire / Closes: 17-02-2020
Similar Laravel job
View more Laravel jobs in Leicestershire